and what we’re eating to try and make it feel a bit better when your rushing around before most people are even getting up 😉 here’s our top five on the go breakfasts that we’ve been reaching for lately – I honestly think breakfast is such an important meal of the day and whilst I swear by having breakfast WM doesn’t. I’ve been scrolling through pinterest & my small collection of cook books for quick/ easy/ healthy breakfasts for us to grab and go with. So I thought I’d share our favourites (I try to choose ones with fewer ingredients mainly so I don’t have to stock up on hundreds of different breakfast components)
- Peanut butter & cocoa overnight pudding | ingredients: 3 spoons of chia seeds, 2 generous spoonfuls of peanut butter, 1 spoon of cocoa & milk of your choice, mix well and then leave overnight, in the morning I’ll add a chopped banana on top.
- Overnight oats | ingredients: generous handfuls of oats, dash of milk, 2 spoons of greek yogurt, frozen berries & I’ll add honey or maple syrup & some nuts (pumpkin/ sunflower) in the morning so its fresh & softer
- Chocolate banana smoothie | ingredients: 1 frozen banana, 2 spoons of yogurt, chocolate alpro milk – I make this up in the morning if I’ve been lazy & not got my ass into gear the night before, I’ll also grab a cereal bar to go with it.
- Berry yogurt bowl | ingredients: half a cup of berries, honey, walnuts & yogurt – so simple yet so yummy!
- Granola breakfast bowl | ingredients: heaps of yogurt, granola, flaked almonds, raspberries, chia seeds, blueberries
what are you go to breakfasts when life throws those busy mornings your way 😉