so some of you know we had an appointment to see the consultant to discuss our birthing options following the caesarean we had unplanned with Rue. We had a pre-meet back in November with a junior doctor/ consultant to discuss the risks associated with each birthing option and to offer what thinking we had on the birthing method we’d like, but the final decision wouldn’t be made until we was 36 weeks.
A lot of people have been asking me how I feel about the birth given Rues and the fact we had to wait until 36 weeks to have the decision agreed between GWH and us, it is quite late in the day and it’d be easy to work yourself up over it if you’ve previously not had a great experience but this is where being married to WM saves you because I ended up feeling very calm and cool because at the end of the day theres no point in stressing about something that hasn’t happened yet and even when I wasn’t confident that the result would go our way I suppose I felt like we’re in such a better place this time with the knowledge from last time & I honestly believe we’re strong enough this time to make anything work.
The appointment was very quick and went very well, I walked out of there slightly in shock that the decision went in our favour and that we didn’t have to justify ourselves. We still have a couple of appointments to go but we’ve been given the go ahead to be booked in for a planned caesarean (which i’ve heard, a lot, is a totally different experience to an emergency one!)
Not everyone might agree with our decision but based on our previous experience we decided it was the best for us as a family and even though I know afterwards it’ll be harder as we have this energetic bundle called Rue which we didn’t have before but we’ll make it work, my sweet dear cousin has offered to do so much for us to help us out and WM has three & half weeks off work and then my mama has a week off too – i’m sure those first six weeks will go by in the blink of an eye!